Monday, February 04, 2008

I love cake

I've been doing Weight Watchers the past few months. I feel I've done pretty good, but every once in awhile I have days where I just can't resist temptation. Today I crave chocolate cake. It doesn't help that my friend Jen posted this picture of perhaps the yummiest-looking cake ever! And I just barely posted the video of Luke's turtle cake that I spent hours on.

Anyway, instead of eating cakes, maybe I can satisfy my sweet tooth by posting pictures of them...

This cake I made for Luke's 1st birthday party. The theme of the party was Curious George. It's funny that we've sort of forced Luke into liking Curious George. Now he can't go to bed without watching an episode!


This cake I took to my parents when we celebrated a few birthdays in the family. Obviously, it was also Easter time. Otherwise, a bunny cake wouldn't have made much sense, now would've it?


This is the cake seen below that I made for Luke's 2nd birthday party. I don't know why I chose a turtle, I just did, alright? Get off my back... jeez! Anyway, as I mentioned in my last post, for some reason, this one just didn't come together like the others. But after some last minute help (and consoling) from my mom, we got it figured out!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Those cakes are so cute!! Maybe I should have made a Curious Goerge cake for Curtis instead of a scooter cake:) We should have a cake decorating/scrapbooking party sometime:)

PS: I love your blog!

Katie & Justin said...

Cute blog! I knew Ike had a blog but I didn't know you did-I found it through Jen's. Good job on all your cakes--that is some serious talent!