Tuesday, September 16, 2008

two LITTLE lovebirds


We were able to go to Island Park this last week with some good friends...we hoped Luke would have a fun time, but little did we know that he would have the time of his life! Him and his friend Brooklyn were inseparable, and Luke couldn't let her out of his sight for 2 seconds! They spent the entire trip holding hands, following each other around, playing house (Luke was the dad and Brooklyn was the mom), and they didn't fight once! It was so nice to have them get along so well.

follow follow me

Luke thought he would impress her with his incredible nose picking skills


Look at Luke's smile on his face- do you think he was having fun on what!?


what a cute couple- not to scare her parents or anything



Holding your hand makes me happy!



Oh- and me, Ike and Max had a fun time too! Max is at a tricky age so it is hard to be somewhere away from our childproof home where he can roam free. We were able to go to Yellowstone this time. I usually don't really enjoy it all that much as I have been there quite a few times, but it was the first time taking Luke and Max so it was fun to show them everything. We told Luke we were going to see some animals- but when we passed the few (buffalo of course) we saw from our car he was fast asleep in the back seat and we weren't about to wake him up. He kept asking when we were going to see the zebras and tigers- I guess it is a little confusing to a 3 (yep- he is now 3!) year old to know which animals live where.

Here are some more pictures from our vaycay!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had fun. Isn't it cute when little kids start to hold hands and things with the opposite sex. It looks like Luke is well on his way to being a very handsome ladies man. Cute pictures!

Jen said...

I'm sure Brooklyn was VERY impressed with Luke's nose picking skills. :) Those 2 are SO cute together. I haven't seen Brooklyn forever...or Ethan and Heather for that matter. It looks like you guys had a fun time. I love vacations. I wish I could go on one!

Vee said...

Jana you are adorable! How do you look so cute out in the wild? I'm impressed. It looks like you had a lot of fun and there are some fantastic pictures! I love it.

Brittany said...

What a womanizer!! Good Job Luke! Looks like you guys had a blast! Isn't it fun to take a FAMILY Vacation with your own little family?!? Cute Cute

Debi said...

Those pictures are so adorable! You seriously have the cutest little boy. Looks like a fun trip!

Unknown said...

Hey, I love your camera! What great pictures you took. And, yes, you can see how happy Luke is to be with his 'good' friend!

Jen said...

I'm sure Brooklynn was completely impressed with his ability to pull a booger from China. I'm impressed too!

lindsi said...

I love Luke's face expressions...so cute! He is totally a "Layton" all the way...he actually reminds me of my little boy Taylor some times...they both have that Layton look!!!