Monday, September 22, 2008

Another year older and wiser too.....


Happy Birthday to my 2 boys! Thank you everyone who came and celebrated with us- we wished we could have invited everyone we know, but we had a pretty big turn out with just a few friends and family. We had an ELMO themed party which included an Elmo pinata, Pin the nose on Elmo, and an Elmo birthday cake made by yours truly....don't look to close, it looks better from afar. I don't know why I decide to make these silly cakes- they are so much work and I end up shedding a few tears every time. I guess Luke's smile was worth it, and as you can see he didn't seem to care about the crumbs that got mixed in with the frosting or Elmo's distorted fingers and toes.



When we gave Max his little Elmo cupcake he didn't really know what we expected him to do. He usually devours anything we put in front of him- but the time when it was most important, it took him a good 5 minutes to warm up to it. But as you can see he ended up lovin' it and painting his face with it. I think he got a little inside his mouth......


They both got spoiled with presents....so many presents! Thank you to everyone! We had fun reading all of the books and playing with the cars and puzzles today. I don't really know which presents were for Max and which ones were for Luke- but I can tell you that they are both enjoying each and every gift. Thank you everyone for making it such a fun and memorable birthday!

Happy Birthday sweet boys!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

jeez, will you make my boys their next cake?!?! You're so good at it!! happy birthday kiddos!

Unknown said...

Luke and Max had such a great time. You really did a great job with the party - you covered everything for a great Elmo party for two! Grandpa and I had a lot of fun!

The Hornes said...

Thanks so much for the fun time at the party! Happy birthday Luke and Max!

Vee said...

So cute! Happy Birthday to them both! Congrats to Luke and Max on potty training and walking.

Jen said...

Jana, you are the best mom ever!! I totally hope I can be as good of a mom as you...seriously.

The cake looked amazing. What a fun party!

I can't believe Luke is potty-trained AND Max is walking. Crazy!

One last thing...the book I am reading now is The Giver. Have you ever read it? If not, I strongly recommend it. It is great and it is really easy to read. The author is Lois Lowry. Go check it out if you haven't already read it.

Anonymous said...

Fun Party! Dahling Cake. You did a great job! Thanks for having cute kids so you can plan a party for us all!