Okay- can I just say that today has been the best day ever? Let me explain....
I have been married to Ike for almost 7 years. He has ALWAYS had a cell phone. Always. I, on the other hand, have NEVER had one. I would always beg Ike for one- but he would just say that we are too poor, which sadly we are.
Ike's work has always paid for his, so it was understandable that we both couldn't have one. It is just how it has always been- and I thought it would always be that way. I had accepted that I guess. But I still wanted one desperately.
I hated not being able to call someone if I was running late, or lost (which both happens quite a bit, unfortunately as many of you probably already know). And what if I get a flat tire or get stranded somewhere with my 2 little boys? I was so tired of having to ask friends or strangers if I could use their cell phone.
Then- Ike got this new obsession. The glorious IPhone. It was irresistible to him- like blood for a Vampire (sorry to all of those anti-twilighters). He had to have it. I gave him ONE condition...that I get a phone too. No exceptions, I was putting my foot down. Deep down I didn't really think he would stick to it- but I had to at least try. Maybe I would be daring enough to just go and sign up for one on my own- now that wouldn't be like his sweet innocent Jana...
He came home today with an Iphone. I got mad at him and then he pulled out a cute little red phone from a bag he was hiding. Still in shock- I didn't think it could be real. What a rude joke for him to play on me. I gave it a try, and to my amazement, it actually worked! It was a cell phone, just for me. An early birthday present. Happy Birthday to me!
Isn't this just the best news you have ever heard?! But beware- Ike will pee his pants if I text or talk too much...but feel free to call me after nine and we can talk the night away!
This may seem silly- but I can't stop smiling right now. Yay me!
1 week ago

12 comments:
Congratulations Jana on your very first cell phone!! I am SOOOO excited for you! :-) Who is your cell phone provider? If it is verizon, we can talk for free any time of day...not that we really ever talk on the phone to each other. In fact, I'm not sure we ever have. :-) But now maybe we can start.
You are so cute Jana. Congrats once again. This is a big milestone for you...thanks for sharing the big news. I love it!!!
And good job on the gift, Ike, but what took you so long?? Sweet little Jana deserved her very own cell phone A LONG TIME AGO!
I am so happy for you! It is about flippin time!! I hope Ike is considering his new Iphone as his early christmas/birthday present! I think it is so funny, cause like you were saying on Sat night...'Now that Ike is holding an Iphone is his hand, he will probably go out tomorrow and buy one!' (He would have gotten it yesterday if it wasn't a Sunday I'm sure!) Buy hey, if that's what it took to get your own phone, then I guess that is fantastic! :)
WOOHOO!!! How exciting! I promise not to text you because I know how expensive it can get! We used to use Chris' phone for texts and our bill was $30 more one time. That hasn't ever happened again!
Congrats on the cell phone! I know I would die if I didn't have one.
I was just talking to Josh about how Ike was talking about getting an I-phone and how selfish(sorry Ike, but it's true)it was of him to get one without you getting one (or maybe he was going to give you his sloppy seconds aka his old phone). I didn't know you had given him the ultimatum that he had to get you a phone if he got that phone. Glad to see you stuck up for yourself and he finally allowed you to have a phone. I know I've gotten so many flat tires I don't know what I would've done without mine, and you have two little boys to worry about. Sorry if this e-mail sounds rude. (to Ike). Maybe I'm too much of a feminist, but I think it was wrong that you didn't have one until now. I mean, consider the children. Won't anyone consider the children? (they're adorable btw)
You are so funny!
Congrats lady :) I always wonder what I ever did without a cell phone.
Definitely don't get into texting, it is very addicting.
Everyone -
To my defense - Jana did have an old cell phone in our car that she could make emergency calls on. So if the car broke down, she would have been okay. So don't villainize me too much.
Also - please don't send Jana text messages as we pay PER TEXT (25 cents) and also please try to call her (and me) at home first (unless you have AT&T) as we have very limited minutes and need to make them stretch!
Make sure Ike gives you so many minutes. Don't let him be like your Dad when I first got my phone. Dad used all the minutes talking to his buddies and then there would be none for me. Jana put your foot done and have so many minutes of your own! That's what I did and it's great. YEA JANA!
HALLELUJAH! I remember the day I got my phone too. Brett had one forever and I didn't and I thought it was necessary for me to have one. I died the day I got one. It was so great! You have a great reason to celebrate!
P.S. Thanks for the clothes. I hope you don't mind that I stole a few things before they got sent over to the church :)
Yay for cell phones! I don't know what I'd do without mine. Zakk keeps saying we should get rid of them to save money but I say NO WAY! And I win. Call me anytime: 801-588-9569
I am so happy for you! I actually heard the other night that a phone was coming your way and I just couldn't wait to hear that you got it. I am so glad that he gave it to you before your birthday. I was hopping I would not have to keep this secret until then. Congratulations welcome to the cell phone world. :)
I am so happy for you. You deserve it!!!!
Post a Comment