Tonight we enjoyed something that we have waited and waited for.....our FIRST ripe tomato! It was every bit as wonderful as we had hoped for. I know some of my dear friends out there don't like tomatoes, but for those who do....doesn't this sandwich look so yummy? Ever since I was little, my mom and dad would make this little treat that I have grown to crave in the summer. You toast your bread, spread on the mayo, and put on a sliced tomato with salt and pepper. Have any of you ever tried this?! It is Ike's favorite way to eat a tomato now too- especially if it is perfectly ripe and home grown. Nothing better than this- and I mean nothing!
5 months ago

5 comments:
JANA!!! THREE posts in one day?!?!? Great job!
Even though your tomatoes look good, they are still YUCKY!
Your swingset looks fun, you'll love having it!
I'm glad your Cherry Hill experience wasn't just a puke-fest!
thanks for the tip.. i actually had this for lunch today because your post made me want to try it. and i must say... it was delicious, even though mine weren't homegrown - i wish.
MMM. My parents made me sandwiches the same growing up. So good. I think I will have one for lunch now :)
I love Tomatoe sandwiches! I have the same memory! I am still waiting for my tomatoes to turn red... but, Andy hates tomatoes so I get them all to myself!
Post a Comment