Saturday, January 02, 2010

Our December....

What a month. It was wonderful, yet crazy. Like everyone else I am sure.

Sesame Street Live
Luke got to touch
Telly's hand and watch Elmo and his friends dance around. Maybe not MY first choice of concerts to see....but so worth it to see his smile.


Growing Belly

This will be one of the few or only pictures I will post of myself showing my large tummy. Less than 3 months and she will be here....which is great...but sadly that means my belly isn't done growing...I already look ready to pop.


Baby Lia
I got to take some 6 month pictures of my littlest niece. This is one of my favorite pictures ever, so I thought I would share it here.


Last minute family pictures
I said no to family pictures this year since I am pregnant...but then as you can see I gave in. We got pictures of my entire side of the family, so we had a few of just us taken.

Glad I did...but can't wait until next years pictures.


Max grows up

Max loves his new bed and has done so well. We put Luke in the other bunk and he is still in his room, and put Max in the "top" bunk which has the rails on the side. Soon....but I'm not quite ready....Luke will join him.


The Polar Express
We went to
Heber and took the boys on the Polar Express to visit the North Pole. It was very fun, but a little cramped with both kids on our laps for over an hour. They looked great too...Max still had ketchup in his hair from lunch and Luke still had his Rudolph nose painted on from preschool.


Temple Square
We went with friends to see the lights and then to the Sing-Along downtown. Monday night right before Christmas made for a crowded time, but it isn't Christmas until you go downtown!


Santa Overdose

Max finally sat on Santa's lap without crying. We had plenty of practice this year. I think we saw Santa 5 times! Luke noticed that each Santa looked different and asked me if they were the real ones. Is he already supposed to notice this? Next year I might try to limit the Santa's we see to just 1 or 2. It just isn't as special when you run into him everywhere...


Christmas Morning
The kids were so excited to see what Santa left under the tree. We kept them on the stairs until we could get down there to capture their expressions. It was a great Christmas!


Of course Ike spoiled me, like he always does. This was one of my gifts...a new Dyson Vacuum! Ok- some might not be too thrilled to get surprised with a vacuum...but it is a Dyson. I'd be silly to not be excited! It is pretty much amazing and now my favorite chore is to suck up stuff and see how dirty my house really is.


And just a few pics of us wearing our beanies Ike's mom made us....
8 Years of Marriage
I really can't believe it has been 8 years.
We have been so blessed, and almost 3 kids later we still love to be together. We were able to sneak off for the night.


Also this month...


We sold our Hyundai Santa Fe and bought a Honda Odyssey for our growing family.
and yes...I love driving a van. I feel super sexy in it.

Celebrated Ike's 30th birthday...and didn't get one picture of it.

Attended at least 10 Christmas parties

I helped with Young Women in Excellence

I waited until the week before Christmas to do any Christmas shopping....

Phew...I am ready to start this new year.

Happy 2010!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so glad you did a post. :) It was SOOO GOOD to see you last week. I look forward every year to the friend's Christmas party! Thanks to you and Ike for always being such great hosts.

I loved the pic of you showing off your belly. You look amazing...you really do! So...be sure to post more pics of you, k.

Happy 8th too. Time sure does fly, doesn't it?

The Hood's said...

You have been busy! What a month December is, and it's over before you know it!
You look darling! You should be very proud of your belly, and show it off in lots of pictures. Someday you'll love to look back on them and see how beautiful you looked!
Congrats on the big boy bed and new van! Oh, and I would be thrilled with a Dyson... if you run out of things to vacuum, you can come to my house!

Katie said...

What a fun month! I love that Max is playing with Belle dolls in his hat picture! :-)

Brittany said...

First...way to go on blogging!! Second...you look great with a preggo belly!! And third....you DID have a busy month, huh!?!?! Loved all the pictures, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of Lia!! It is amazing!! You are SO talented!

Megan Di said...

What a cute Christmas card and family pictures! Hope all is well!!!

Charis said...

Your blog is so stinking cute. I love it. I should try harder to make mine cute, but oh well. Kendell went and saw Seasame Streat live too. I didn't get to go with her, it was a Daddy Daughter date. But Craig says she loved it, and she still talks about it. I was concerned that we were spending lots of money and she would not even remember it the next day, however, a month later she still talks about Elmo Dancing and Big Bird and the fire truck. It is amazing what little minds absorb, and what they love so much. And I think your family pictures are way cute. We didn't get them either, because I am pregnant and I keep thinking they will be out dated so quickly. don't ask me why that is a concern, I mean in four months from now I hope to get family pictures with the new baby, but really new baby pictures are out dated in a week. . . oh well.

Michele said...

yay, i love your blog posts. a dyson is like the best gift ever. john got me one a year or so ago and i love it to death til this very day. its the best thing ever! and im still so jealous about your van... maybe someday that will happen for me too!