Thursday, March 04, 2010

because we're the best

Today was a big day for us. We decided to be good parents and take our boys to the dentist.

Luke is 4 1/2 and this was his first visit. I think they recommend taking them at about 2 years...so as you can see Luke is a little late. I think it all stems to my fear of the dentist, even to this day. I have terrible teeth and can only think of about 3 times where I have left the dentist proud to say I had no cavities! At least Ike was thinking straight and made their appointments.

They did so well getting their teeth cleaned in the very cute Dr. Seuss kid's dentist office. They were good with the kids and even let Luke hold the little water sprayer thing....which he accidentally used to spray one of the assistants. Very funny! The sad part was when Luke's results came in. He had 4 cavities. Luke's favorite number does happen to be 4 right now, so maybe it was meant to be. Too bad those teeth won't fall out until he is about 11.

I felt so bad for him, even though he was as happy as could be. I am just hoping with a little more care his teeth can be more like his dad's. Beautiful, white and only 1 or 2 fillings at 30. So far, Max is headed in that direction. Poor poor Luke if he takes after me.

Come to think of it, it is probably time for me to go to the dentist again soon. I am sure Ike already has our appointments made.

I better start flossing again...my New Years goal was to floss everyday and that lasted about 3 weeks.

I'm such a great goal keeper!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute pictures! No wonder everyone likes to go to Dr. Wall! Also, love Clara's bedroom. Everything is perfect!

Jen said...

I have to go to the dentist on Monday...and I'm scared. I hate learning that I have cavities...hate it! So, hopefully they tell me I don't have any. I hope too that I get to wear some cool checkered glasses while they clean my teeth.

Max and Luke are so cute sitting in that big chair. I love Luke's freckles.

Hey, I want to see Clara's bedroom too!

Charis said...

Kendell and Michael went to the dentist yesterday as well. I don't think they did as well as your kids did. Michael, they had to shut the door so the other people wouldn't hear him screaming as they chipped tarter from his teeth. Kendell let them clean three teeth! THREE! YEAH kendell, then she was done. (last time kendell didn't even let them put anything in her mouth!) Cuyler loved the dentist, and he thought getting cavities filled was the greatest. . . how someone achieves that I am not sure.
how is the pregnancy going!?! do you need anything? I have lots and lots of pink stuff.

Heather and Jake said...

So do you have to get their teeth fixed, or can you just wait until they fall out fo the new ones?

Heather and Jake said...

That was Jake that asked. I'm sure Luke has to get fillings, but it won't be so bad. I have bad teeth too, while Jake has perfect teeth. He hasn't been to the dentist in a few years, so I really need to make him an appointment!

Brittany said...

That looks like a fun dentist!! Carson has been a few time with me, but no cavaties yet, but I am sure the day will come. We aren't the best at remembering to brush his teeth...it is getting better though! :) Can't wait to see Clara's room! :)