I present to you the future nursery of little Clara. I have to say that I am mighty happy with how it has turned out.

Imagine those picture frames holding pictures of a cute little baby. I couldn't really add them yet, obviously :)
My wonderful Dad spent 3 whole days hanging the wood paneling and painting. He did an amazing job and all I had to do in return was make him a PB&J with a glass of milk each day.
It has been so fun to make this room as girly as I can, just because I can. Lots of pink and not a trace of blue.
I actually made this bird mobile all by myself. They were supposed to be really simple to make, which they probably are for someone who remembers to face the pattern of the fabric the right way the first time, and not have to un-pick it a dozen times. At least I only needed a few birds.
My curtains were made by my sweet sister-in-law Kim. She is amazingly talented and whipped them together in no time.

Now that the room is finished all we have to do is.......WAIT!
I go in on the 23rd of this month (hopefully) to be induced. 2 weeks from today. 14 days....more like 13 now. It seems like forever away, but really it will be here before I know it. I'd really love to go into labor on my own....but I'm not willing to go a month past my due date to make that happen!Patience. Patience. Patience.
A quick funny story:
Someone said to me the other day,
"You haven't popped yet?"
And I said,
"Yes I have! Look at me!"
She looked at my belly with big eyes and said,
"Oh...Really??"
It took me a second to realize she meant "popped" as in actually had the baby, and not "popped" as in having a big and obvious pregnant belly.
Very funny moment of confusion.

15 comments:
I LOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE IT!
I want you to come and decorate my whole house now!! It turned out SO dang cute!! You should be so proud of yourself!!!!! Good Job Jana!!!
(It looks like a room out of a magazine!)
It is so beautiful. I am completely jealous at the moment. I'm going to go do homework now to take my mind off of it. Yeah right! What a lucky little girl.
Oh my goodness, that is so adorable. Is it wrong that I'm a wee (okay, alot) bit envious right now. DARLING!!!! I can't wait for her to come too.
Jana the room is beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures of your cute baby! Good luck with delivery.
It looks great! Love the bird theme idea, that is cute.
Wow Jana! That is straight out of a magazine! You are super talented, my friend. so excited for you to have a little girl! Good look with the waiting...i swear that's the worst part. I guess that's why we'll go through labor to get them here... :)
I LOOOVVVVVE it too. It really does look like a picture from a magazine. So cute!
I can't wait for Clara to get here!
Way cute! Way Way Way cute! I am Jealous in many ways. . . i want to have my baby in the next two weeks. . .aright so maybe more like in three weeks I am almost at 36 weeks, then it will be ok to have the baby. . . next i wish I knew what I was having. . . and it would be so fun to have a nursery to decorate, but my baby gets to share with kendell. . . but hopefully we will have some new furniture for it before the baby comes, that will be exciting! I am so excited for you. We are all going to have to get together in a few months and celebrate all the new great grandbabies!
Hey Jana this is Mackenzie Cathi's SIL. Um your room is just to die for! Hope you are feeling well.
LOVE! Aren't girls so much fun?
I'm so jealous you only have a few weeks. Get some sleep while you can.
Looks so darling!!! Wish there was a single room in my house that was that decorated...way to go! Good luck with the delivery if I don't talk to you before it happens. Debi is actually in the hospital right now being induced...YAY!
Yay!!!! The room looks gorgeous!
Jana, I love to walk in to Clara's room. It's just shows so much love for this new little one that is coming! Grandma's waiting, too!
I love it!! Good luck!
Wow Jana! That room is darling! I love everything about it. I'm so excited for you to enjoy a new baby girl. Can't wait to see her! good luck!
Post a Comment