Saturday, July 11, 2009

Brace yourself...

there are lots of pictures. But aren't you proud of me for bloggin'?

We went to Island Park over the 4th of July weekend. We always have so much fun there, and love going up with Ike's family. The minute we arrived we were bombarded with mosquitoes, and before we had time to spray ourselves down the boys got bit. As you will see Max has 3 big bites on his head in every picture. So cute!


We went on a walk around the lake at Harriman State Park. It was very pretty, and nice to let the boys run free.


Luke and his two cousins, Lincoln and Calder


We then went to Mesa Falls, a place we visit every time we go to the cabin. It is always so beautiful. I think each time I go there I forget that the rainbow is always there and I get all excited about it.



We also spend a few hours in West Yellowstone and go shopping for I don't know what. Someone ends up with a Yellowstone t-shirt and we each get a few dollar toys. It is just fun to walk around the town. This time we stopped at a park and played for a little while.



And we always stop at the Dairy Queen for an ice cream cone. Thanks for buying them Grandma and Grandpa Yospe, we were shocked at how much that total came to, and I am sure you were too!


This is where we bought Luke's Robin Hood Bow & Arrow. We are still trying to teach him how to use it. Since then he has managed to scratch our leather sofa with the back of the arrow and leave a pretty picture engraved in the cusion. Thank goodness putting Olive Oil on it made it look tons better! That is a whole other post....

Our niece Cambria looking at cute as ever.

Below is another favorite stop...Big Springs! Usually there are tons of huge fish to feed, but this year we only saw a few.


If you ask Luke what his favorite part of the trip was, he would say 4 wheelin'! He and Ike had tons of fun going for rides. Last year he was terrified of them, but this year he would beg to go. That gives me hope that his other fears will hopefully pass. If I mention Lagoon he has a tantrum.

Here is his helmet, and Luke is in there somewhere.


Grandma brought the coolest bubble maker. You dip the wand in the bubbles and a fan blows them out. Pretty much the awesomest thing ever invented. Really.

Here the men are trying to cook dutch oven in the rain. It was quite the task, but the dinner turned out delish!

Last, but definitely not last because of not being cool. Heather and I made this Flag cake for the 4th of July. It was pretty much as tasty as it looks.


Long post, but lots of fun. We are grateful we have such a fun place to go and spend some quality family time. Thank you Grandma Yospe (Ike's grandma) for allowing us to use your cabin, we love you and hope you are feeling better!

Happy Fourth Everyone....a little late!

5 comments:

Jen said...

We are going to Island Park in a few weeks for the Cheney family reunion.

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Thanks for the heads-up about the mosquitoes. We'll be prepared.

Your family's next trip should be to Thermopolis!! :-) We miss you guys. We should have a big friends reunion in Thermop!

Brittany said...

Cute pictures!! I am glad you posted about your trip! It looked like fun! I like the picture with Luke wearing a helmet...it just looks like such a boy thing!! And the one with you and Max is adorable! Can't wait to see the post about your scratched couches...hopefully that oil worked well and you can't tell what Luke did. The joys of having kids, right?!?!

Kristin said...

Oh I love Island Park. We do some of the same things when we go! The kids esp. love Big Springs. We used to stop at Mesa Falls all the time then Matt had a bad dream where I fell off and we don't go there as much anymore... :) But it's so beautiful! I'm glad you had fun!

Heather and Jake said...

yay,what a fun post! Thanks for the pictures so that we could reminisce about the fun trip. That cake picture looks fabulous! Glad you guys were up there for us to have fun with (along with everyone else) Love your family!

Leisa said...

LOVE island park. It looks like there is a million places for photo opportunities....you got some great ones. You're boys are adorable.