See this necklace? This was a special gift Ike gave me on the Christmas before we were married. I opened it up, secretly thinking "ugly....when have I ever worn pearls???" but pretended to love it anyways as he was so proud of it. I believe his intentions were to have me wear it on our wedding day 4 days later. This did not go with my wedding dress, I already had a necklace picked out to wear that day. I remember him asking me on our wedding day where the necklace was. Well, uhhhh....what to say?
So, fast forward 7 years. I am not really to big into accessories. I forget to wear them. I love the way they look, but when it comes down to it I don't want to spend money on jewelry if I just forget. I'd rather buy shoes or clothes that are kind of necessary to wear, right? Recently I have noticed that people are wearing pearl necklaces, and I thought about the necklace in my jewelry box that I have laughed at for years and thought, maybe I should give it another try. So, I tried it on and I thought it was the cutest thing ever! It has taken me 7 years, but I now lovvveee this necklace. I wear it every chance I get, and everyone always tells me how much they love it. I am just glad I didn't give this away somewhere along the way, and that I held out for it. Wearing this necklace makes me think about Ike and his sweet desire to always make me happy! Poor guy....I am sure that is hard for him sometimes as obviously I can be hard to please :)
7 years. That sounds like such a long time, don't ya think? Maybe not to some, but to me I can't believe Ike and I have been married that long. It really seems like just yesterday....
I was going through some old pictures of us through the years, and can't believe how young we look! We are just babies in these pictures!
We have had a fun time together, and have been lucky enough to do so many things. When it was just the 2 of us, Ike's job required him to be at a lot of different events, and I would tag along with him. We attended a few concerts a month (not always ones I would have chosen to go to), went to Disneyland, Seaworld, Movie premiers, Buzz games, and much much more! We were able to build our home in a wonderful neighborhood and meet friends we will cherish forever and most importantly start a family. We have made so many fun memories!
*side note: I am not super happy with how I look in some of these pictures, but I am who I am, right, and I will try to be proud of it . And it looks like the year 2004 was a happenin' year!
So, fast forward 7 years. I am not really to big into accessories. I forget to wear them. I love the way they look, but when it comes down to it I don't want to spend money on jewelry if I just forget. I'd rather buy shoes or clothes that are kind of necessary to wear, right? Recently I have noticed that people are wearing pearl necklaces, and I thought about the necklace in my jewelry box that I have laughed at for years and thought, maybe I should give it another try. So, I tried it on and I thought it was the cutest thing ever! It has taken me 7 years, but I now lovvveee this necklace. I wear it every chance I get, and everyone always tells me how much they love it. I am just glad I didn't give this away somewhere along the way, and that I held out for it. Wearing this necklace makes me think about Ike and his sweet desire to always make me happy! Poor guy....I am sure that is hard for him sometimes as obviously I can be hard to please :)
7 years. That sounds like such a long time, don't ya think? Maybe not to some, but to me I can't believe Ike and I have been married that long. It really seems like just yesterday....
I was going through some old pictures of us through the years, and can't believe how young we look! We are just babies in these pictures!
We have had a fun time together, and have been lucky enough to do so many things. When it was just the 2 of us, Ike's job required him to be at a lot of different events, and I would tag along with him. We attended a few concerts a month (not always ones I would have chosen to go to), went to Disneyland, Seaworld, Movie premiers, Buzz games, and much much more! We were able to build our home in a wonderful neighborhood and meet friends we will cherish forever and most importantly start a family. We have made so many fun memories!
*side note: I am not super happy with how I look in some of these pictures, but I am who I am, right, and I will try to be proud of it . And it looks like the year 2004 was a happenin' year!
san francisco 2004
jack johnson concert 2004 and 2005
sea world 2004
buzz games every monday night the entire summer of 2002 and 2003
james taylor concert 2001....one of my favorite free concerts!
our first home - started 2004!
cruise to the Bahamas 2004
house of blues 2003....to see my favorite Glen Phillips!
Here is to many more fun times ahead!
Here is to many more fun times ahead!


6 comments:
That's so funny! I used to think pearls were so grandma-ish. But now I think they are so simple and pretty! It's funny how our opinions change so easily with what's in style. Anyway, love the pearls! You guys are cute!
I have some pearls that Curtis gave me awhile back that I never wear. I will have to pull them out and wear them now.
You and Ike are so cute! It was fun to see all of those pictures of you from year's past. You look beautiful, Jana!
We are coming down there in a couple of weeks. Maybe we can get together.
What a cute young couple! Don't feel too bad about the pearls. On our first married Christmas Chris gave me an extremely ugly blue sweater. You were much better than me, because I took it back to the store, and told him to let me buy my own clothes from now on. That sounds ruder than I was. I did say it in as nice of a way as I could!
I do agree with you, 7 years has flown by! Here's to 77 more!
I remember you telling me about the pearl necklace so I'm glad you finally love it!
Melissa is much more blunt that me because I just keep everything Chris has given me even if I don't like it! lol But thankfully that is a rare occasion!
OH, life before kids...how fun! But of course it just gets better with kids!!
I love when you wear your pearls! You are so pretty! Good post Jana!!! I am jealous of all the things you guys have gotten to do! What fun memories!
How fun! I love the picture of the Pearl necklace and the heading... you could turn that into a book... I had to read on!
Post a Comment