Tuesday, April 20, 2010

seriously...


The last 4 weeks are a bit blurry. It really feels like one big long day since she was born. Probably because of the sleepless nights and the millions of poopy diapers. But I have
loved every minute of it.

She is such a sleepy, mello, sweetheart...during the day. At night she is still a sweetheart, just not sleepy and mello. We put her to bed and we are in there every 5 minutes popping that binky back in her mouth for at least an hour until she is deep asleep. We are working hard on the sleeping schedule thing, as I don't work well without my 8 hours of sleeping bliss. Oh, how I miss my sleep!

I have loved having a girl. I haven't gotten peed on in the face, which is really nice. Also- she is my little doll and I can dress her up. I am a little baffled on the bow situation though. Does she need a bow everytime I get her dressed? While it is fun to put the finishing touch on her head, I kind of feel silly. Maybe it is because we don't go anywhere and I am dressing her up just for my enjoyment.

I'm feeling great! Now I am just waiting for my hair to fall out...literally. When I had Luke, my hair started to fall out about a month after I had him. I was so worried it would never stop and I would be bald. It was seriously falling out like crazy. Now I know it does eventually stop, so it isn't as traumatic.

I am also back to eating healthier and soon to be back exercising. It feels good, but I have a long ways to go to be where I want to be weight wise. Dang food...I love it too much and those 9 months of eating whatever I wanted were wonderful, just not so wonderful on my butt. I don't think I realized how much damage I'd done until I had the baby....the big belly made everything else look a little smaller!

I've lost weight twice before, and I can do it again. It does help that Clara is more fussy when I eat chocolate, so she is trying to help me out that way :)

Anyways, as you can tell we love Clara. I look in her eyes and I feel like I've known her forever.

Crazy how that works.

8 comments:

Marge said...

super adorable baby - I love that you have a picture of her so alert and attentive at only 4 weeks old. I take my baby for her 1 year check up in a few weeks - time flies - but I'm with you on the sleepless nights (I don't function at all without my 8 hours of zzs)

Unknown said...

Another couple of cute pictures! And I still love your family picture! Glad that Max is doing so well!

Becca said...

Well, she is beautiful and so are you!

Melissa said...

I agree, it is SO wonderful not getting sprayed when I change a diaper! I can definitely tell she belongs to your family. You guys done good!

I remember Brendon doing the binky thing at night too and having to put it in every minute. I HATED IT!! I was ready to duct tape it to his mouth. I hope she learns to hold on to it by herself soon for you!

Vee said...

She is beautiful! Good luck with the sleeping thing. I completely understand about needing your sleep. My hair just stopped falling out, I wonder if stress made it last longer this time around? Anyway I want to know how you lose the weight. I need help fast! Any tips, ideas would be so appreciated. Let me know if I can do anything for you.
Love ya

Charis said...

wow time flies!!!!!! she is so cute! I have lost thirty pounds, I still have another twenty to lose to get to my prepregancy weight, and another twenty after that to be to my "ideal" weight! who determines the "ideal" weight is beyond me. . . but maybe someday I will get there! (probably just in time to get pregnant again and gain it all back again... he he he). but they are sure cute and worth it. Cant wait to meet Clara. The only reason I put bows on everytime is because if you do then she won't pull them off later, and she will let you do her hair later, otherwise she will decide she doesn't like them and it will be impossible to keep them on later.

The Jackson's said...

Jana: Baby Clara is absolutely BEAUTIFUl! Congratulations :) I am so happy for you and your CUTE family of FOUR!!
-Ashlie

The Jackson's said...

LOL-I meant "CUTE family of FIVE!!" {It's late!}