I can't believe Clara is almost 2 weeks old. The 2 weeks leading up to having her seemed like forever, and then once she came it has flown by. She has been such a sweet baby, and we love her so much.
I have this little statue my mom gave me for Mother's Day last year. I love it and would often look at it and think about my 2 boys and how blessed I was to have them. I kind of had a hard time thinking about leaving that stage of my life behind and adding to our little family. Just like when you are about to have your second child, you wonder if you could ever love them as much as you do your first....and then you find out you have plenty of love to share. The love just keeps growing. Now we have Clara and already I can't imagine my life without her. I have so much love for these kids, and feel so blessed to be their mother. I know....this is cheesy stuff.
Ike was able to take off almost 2 weeks of work. I know, how lucky am I? But it still didn't seem long enough! With my Dad's help, Ike spent about 4 days putting this beauty together. We are (I think I am the most) so excited for this playhouse/swing set. It will be so nice to send the kids outside this summer to play, thank goodness for tax returns!
It was a lot of work for them, and as I was recovering from giving birth to Clara and fighting Mastitis and a bad cold...I had to hear Ike complain about how sore he was. I had a hard time giving him very much sympathy :)
The finished project...now if it would stop snowing they could go and play on it!
Clara had jaundice and was on the lights for 3 nights at home. I started to sob when the pediatrician told me she would have to be on the lights...6 hours of sleep in 3 days doesn't help an already emotional new mommy. Both Luke and Max had jaundice too, so really I was just tired and felt like crying I guess. As the tears were flowing I told him sorry for crying and he said to make sure to get help if I continue to feel like that.
Now I was crying because he thought I was crazy!
That is not something you tell a woman who JUST had a baby!!
I was so happy to give back that stupid light bed and be able to actually dress her! Here she is in her very first outfit, and her very big green binky which she loves oh so much.

Her big brothers love her to pieces. As you can see from the picture below we have a constant job of trying to keep Max off of her. He just wants to give her hugs and kisses all of the time. They are both really good with her though.
It is so cute to see Max as a big brother...

We are adjusting well to 3 kids. Thank goodness my boys can sit and watch TV for hours...and for the next few weeks I won't feel guilty about that.
I have this little statue my mom gave me for Mother's Day last year. I love it and would often look at it and think about my 2 boys and how blessed I was to have them. I kind of had a hard time thinking about leaving that stage of my life behind and adding to our little family. Just like when you are about to have your second child, you wonder if you could ever love them as much as you do your first....and then you find out you have plenty of love to share. The love just keeps growing. Now we have Clara and already I can't imagine my life without her. I have so much love for these kids, and feel so blessed to be their mother. I know....this is cheesy stuff.
Ike was able to take off almost 2 weeks of work. I know, how lucky am I? But it still didn't seem long enough! With my Dad's help, Ike spent about 4 days putting this beauty together. We are (I think I am the most) so excited for this playhouse/swing set. It will be so nice to send the kids outside this summer to play, thank goodness for tax returns!It was a lot of work for them, and as I was recovering from giving birth to Clara and fighting Mastitis and a bad cold...I had to hear Ike complain about how sore he was. I had a hard time giving him very much sympathy :)
The finished project...now if it would stop snowing they could go and play on it!
Clara had jaundice and was on the lights for 3 nights at home. I started to sob when the pediatrician told me she would have to be on the lights...6 hours of sleep in 3 days doesn't help an already emotional new mommy. Both Luke and Max had jaundice too, so really I was just tired and felt like crying I guess. As the tears were flowing I told him sorry for crying and he said to make sure to get help if I continue to feel like that.Now I was crying because he thought I was crazy!
That is not something you tell a woman who JUST had a baby!!
I was so happy to give back that stupid light bed and be able to actually dress her! Here she is in her very first outfit, and her very big green binky which she loves oh so much.

Her big brothers love her to pieces. As you can see from the picture below we have a constant job of trying to keep Max off of her. He just wants to give her hugs and kisses all of the time. They are both really good with her though.
It is so cute to see Max as a big brother...
We are adjusting well to 3 kids. Thank goodness my boys can sit and watch TV for hours...and for the next few weeks I won't feel guilty about that.


5 comments:
Clara is so beautiful. Congrats! I hope the rest of your recovery gets better. Your boys are getting so big.
Good job Ike. That looks like a pretty nice one.
Wow, that is quite the playground! I'm sure that is going to provide hours of fun for those boys (and all the neighbor kids). :)
I sure wish I lived closer. I would love to entertain Luke and Max and hold Clara (mostly hold Clara). :)
Sorry your doctor was a dork with his comment. I'm sure having a brand new sweet little baby can be quite emotional...you just want the best for them, you know...so when your doctor tells you that something is wrong, you have every right to shed a few tears.
Love those boys and love sweet little Clara!
Such a cute post Jana!!! I want to come help you take pictures, so let me know next time and I can help you pose her and make her happy. It makes me so happy to see some of Lia's stuff on Clara!!! Love you and I am so happy for you!!!
Post a Comment