We have a brilliant 3 year old son who can write all his letters and write his name, and even Max's name. We know he has a great future ahead of him (thanks to Ike's brains, not mine).....sorry, enough boasting.
He is also terrified of Bulgy the Whale. The ride at Lagoon that 1 year olds love....including Max. This is actually the case with about every other ride at Lagoon that he can go on. His 3 favorite rides are the train, the cars, and the little baby boats.
Well, I was able to talk him into going on this whale ride after a lot of bribing and begging. As he sat there waiting for the ride to start...he got a little bit pale, and looked a little concerned.....
He is also terrified of Bulgy the Whale. The ride at Lagoon that 1 year olds love....including Max. This is actually the case with about every other ride at Lagoon that he can go on. His 3 favorite rides are the train, the cars, and the little baby boats.
Well, I was able to talk him into going on this whale ride after a lot of bribing and begging. As he sat there waiting for the ride to start...he got a little bit pale, and looked a little concerned.....

Right when the ride started, he sunk down in his seat and held on for dear life!

And then it looked like he was going to faint.
He didn't faint, thank goodness. I really hope he will out grow this....especially since we have season passes to Lagoon. If anybody has any tips, please fill me in! I just really feel bad for him and want him to have a fun time...like Max and his friends. We will take baby steps this summer, and hope that eventually he will get some guts.Until then, this is how happy and relieved he was to watch and NOT go on the airplane ride that Max loved so much.
And this is more like it. Nice and slow, with a fun bell to ring.
Any suggestions....maybe not to worry too much, right?




8 comments:
That is so funny. I love how you captured each frantic look on film. Poor Luke. I bet he'll out grow it soon. As long as he is having a good time watching the other kids go on the rides, I wouldn't worry about it.
Thank goodness there is also Lagoona Beach at Lagoon! Good job with capturing history in each expression!
Just take him on the log ride (log flume?). It starts out nice and slow, just like the boat ride, kind of peaceful actually. Then before you know it he'll have to confront his fears with that big hill climb and the drop with the splash and you will be sitting there with him holding him in safety. Afterwards, he'll probably think it was fun.
Dad and I laughed out head off at these pictures! They are hilarious!
Oh my goodness i have never laughed at a blog as much as i have this one! I think its because we just went there....Owen went on it and was fine until the little girl behind him started SCREAMING! I think the ride is ruined for him now! It was so funny to watch him go around and around frightened...is that bad to say!!Im glad he didn't pass out.
Oh, that made me laugh so hard! I love all the pictures you got of him...those are priceless!! I wish I knew what to tell you, but since I witnessed it first hand...I think it will be on his own time table!! So I agree with your mom, it is a good thing there is Lagoona Beach! :)
Oh Luke, you crack me up! I think once he realizes his little brother isn't scared he will start having a fun time. Love the pictures. You captured some good ones.
Jana, I wish I could help you out...but I have a 4 year old with the same fears. We are just taking baby steps like you said. We actually got him to go on the Merry-Go-Round this last time we went and now he likes it...so, I guess we'll have to work on one ride at a time!!! Good luck! Luke reminds me of Taylor in so many ways...especially in the picture where he is happy just to watch his little brother.
Post a Comment