So, for the last 2 nights Max has slept from 10pm until 8am! I don't think I even woke up once last night until Ike's alarm went off at 7! He did so good around 4 months and would sleep until around 6 or 7am. This lasted about a month, and then out of the blue it regressed back to the 2 times per night!!! This is SOOOO hard after you know they can make it all night. I don't have the heart to let him "cry it out" in the middle of the night. Especially when I worry about him waking up Luke (not that it has ever happened...but I still worry). It only takes him about 5-10 minutes to eat and go right back down. I know, this is a BIG no no when following the Baby Wise technique which I think tells you to just let them cry after 12 weeks. I followed this book to the letter when he was little and now I have relaxed a little bit. So anyways- I am hoping this will be the beginning of something wonderful, and that he will do it again tonight, which will then be everynight until forever :) I can only hope!
5 months ago

7 comments:
I think Max is such a great baby! It wouldn't surprise me if he continues to do really good through the night like he has been! Good luck, I can't wait until my baby is sleeping through the night...(and my 2 yr old!) Okay so he isn't as bad as Kaylee, but some nights it seems like it! :)
Jana I hope this is a sign of things to come. Sleep is esential to a mothers well being. BUT if not I had to wear headphones to sleep to let Cade cry it out. It only took two nights and he never woke up durring the night again. It is the hardest thing for a mother to do and it breaks your heart. But I think it is worth it!
He is such a cute baby!
We should call each other when our babies are awake because I am sure to be up as well. Kylie will sleep so good for about a month and then suddenly wake up in the night..especially lately. Is Max teething? I have noticed every time a tooth is about to come through the little lady wakes up.
Trust me..you have it great when it comes to letting him cry himself back to sleep. Kylie sleeps in our room since we are living with my parents. I usually have to get up with her so that she doesn't wake up my husband. I feel like she is a month old again. Keep us updated!
Jana,
I know your pain. Kennedy (now 1) started sleeping through the night at 2 months...and when I say sleeping through the night I mean from 7 pm to 6 am. But for some reason at around 5 months she started waking up again at night. Like you say it is so easy to take 5 minutes, feed them and go back to sleep. Well because I never made her cry, she is one now and still gets up once or twice a night. Good luck with Max, I hope it sticks.
Cuz Rachelle
Oh man! it is the worst when they start waking up after sleeping the whole night! ugh!
I hope he keeps it up for you! He is adoreable!
Hey I found you! I have a blog too, but it's private. Give me your email address and I'll invite you. jenniferneumann@hotmail.com
what a cutie! I hope he continues to sleep through the night for you, I love my sleep!
Post a Comment