The other day I was driving with my 3 kids in the car. I was having a good hair day and lookin' good (which means I was actually dressed for the day) while I was jammin along to the radio. I thought I was pretty cool, and I thought I probably looked pretty cool too.
I stopped at a stop light, still singing. I was happy.
Then I looked over to my left, to see a car full of teenage boys laughing their heads off and pointing at me. I suddenly didn't feel so cool. It was at that moment that I realized that I was not 18 anymore. I was getting old. I was in a mini-van (which after this I still love) with 3 kids. I was a mom with bags under my eyes and spit-up all over my shirt.
Maybe I was feeling so good about myself because my nephews friend told my nephew that he thought I was cute. Granted he is only 7 years old, I was still flattered.
I feel like I am still 18, but apparently now I am now laughed at by 18 year olds.
But like I said earlier...I was happy, and that is all that matters. I love where I am right now in my life...
Anyways. I've gotten behind again on my blog. Here is a little of whats been going on around here if you are insterested.
Luke and Max are still great friends and spend lots of time playing together. They love to make "houses" out of blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals...and yoga mats. Here is what I found the other day when I came out from having a shower.
Our outings during the days mostly consist of drive-thrus for food or drinks...or somewhere for the kids to play and eat. Luke is so sweet to wait for Max on the playland and pull him up to the top since he can't do it by himself. What a good brother.

We love having friends come and play too. We have a wonderful play set that can't be used so much with all of the rainy weather...so they play on my ipod instead. I thought this was a funny picture.

One day, I stayed inside all day and didn't leave the house. That night when Ike was heading out somewhere he opened the front door to hear a bird quickly fly away. He looked and saw that a bird had built a nest in our wreath and there were 3 little eggs inside. Sadly, the bird didn't come back and the eggs just sat there in the cold. Maybe it is me being a new mom, but I shed a few tears for those eggs while Ike thought I was crazy.

Having kids is expensive. So far this year we've paid for a new baby, got Max some tubes in his ears, and had Luke get 4 fillings at the dentist. At least we have insurance, as crappy as it is.

Luke is officially obsessed with Mario. He loves all things Mario. Especially the Mario Brothers TV show. We have Netflix and can watch it from our Wii, and there are a few seasons of this old annoying show. There was a week where I couldn't get him to watch any other show, and then I found this picture on my camera that he took by himself. Yes, he loves it that much!

I love this picture! Luke has graduated from Preschool! Well, not really as he has preschool again next year, but he will miss his teacher lots and the friends he has made there. My mom was so nice to take him to his graduation since me and Ike had to be at our Grandma's surprise birthday party at the same exact time.

This is all of the Yospe grandkids, minus the 2 new babies (and 1 due in a few weeks). They are a silly bunch and have lots of fun playing together. We love spending time at Grandma and Grandpa's house!
Yes, we are happy!
I stopped at a stop light, still singing. I was happy.
Then I looked over to my left, to see a car full of teenage boys laughing their heads off and pointing at me. I suddenly didn't feel so cool. It was at that moment that I realized that I was not 18 anymore. I was getting old. I was in a mini-van (which after this I still love) with 3 kids. I was a mom with bags under my eyes and spit-up all over my shirt.
Maybe I was feeling so good about myself because my nephews friend told my nephew that he thought I was cute. Granted he is only 7 years old, I was still flattered.
I feel like I am still 18, but apparently now I am now laughed at by 18 year olds.
But like I said earlier...I was happy, and that is all that matters. I love where I am right now in my life...
Anyways. I've gotten behind again on my blog. Here is a little of whats been going on around here if you are insterested.
Luke and Max are still great friends and spend lots of time playing together. They love to make "houses" out of blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals...and yoga mats. Here is what I found the other day when I came out from having a shower.We love having friends come and play too. We have a wonderful play set that can't be used so much with all of the rainy weather...so they play on my ipod instead. I thought this was a funny picture.

One day, I stayed inside all day and didn't leave the house. That night when Ike was heading out somewhere he opened the front door to hear a bird quickly fly away. He looked and saw that a bird had built a nest in our wreath and there were 3 little eggs inside. Sadly, the bird didn't come back and the eggs just sat there in the cold. Maybe it is me being a new mom, but I shed a few tears for those eggs while Ike thought I was crazy.

Having kids is expensive. So far this year we've paid for a new baby, got Max some tubes in his ears, and had Luke get 4 fillings at the dentist. At least we have insurance, as crappy as it is.

Luke is officially obsessed with Mario. He loves all things Mario. Especially the Mario Brothers TV show. We have Netflix and can watch it from our Wii, and there are a few seasons of this old annoying show. There was a week where I couldn't get him to watch any other show, and then I found this picture on my camera that he took by himself. Yes, he loves it that much!

I love this picture! Luke has graduated from Preschool! Well, not really as he has preschool again next year, but he will miss his teacher lots and the friends he has made there. My mom was so nice to take him to his graduation since me and Ike had to be at our Grandma's surprise birthday party at the same exact time.

This is all of the Yospe grandkids, minus the 2 new babies (and 1 due in a few weeks). They are a silly bunch and have lots of fun playing together. We love spending time at Grandma and Grandpa's house!
Yes, we are happy!

6 comments:
LOVE this post Jana! Especially the minivan experience...made me smile! You kids are adorable and I love the picture of Luke with his graduation cap on...so stinkin cute!
I laughed about the minivan thing too. That is pretty funny!! I'm glad you are happy, because you have every right to be. :)
I still think you should have left those eggs in someone else's wreath on their door. That is pretty sad. You had an excuse to cry about it though, you just had a baby. ;)
you ARE cute, and life is so much better than 10 years ago, isn't it? Loved all the pictures. That dog cousin one is so fun! Thanks for sharing. And p.s. I think it's sad that the bird didn't come back, but Jake would've thought I was crazy too.
Love the pictures! Kamryn's face was pretty funny, I think that's her "I'm concentrating" face. Luke's graduation picture is so stinkin' cute! I'm glad your mom was able to take him!
Love all the photos, but the one of the cousins is really terrific.
Lincoln's face in the last photo made me laugh so hard. I too still feel 18. . . I often find myself thinking I am way too young to be a mother of three. . . sometimes I think I still feel like I am baby sitting someone else's kids. . . I really am way too young to be doing this, I think it is cool that you were still singing in the car, everyone should sing in the car more often!
Post a Comment