Monday, April 13, 2009

not at all what I wanted to blog about

not at all.

Sad sad sad sad sad sad
day.

I went to grab my camera to capture a silly moment from Luke putting on dry watercolor paint on his eyes with the paintbrush...pretending to be makeup. It would have been so silly.

I went to open the lens on my camera....but it wouldn't come off.

Did I mention anything about being baby hungry earlier??? Well, that feeling definitely passed for sure. 100% gone....maybe never to return.

Yesterday, Max grabbed the camera off my parent's counter right after we set it down after using it. Did he just grow 3 inches and we didn't know it....'cause he pulled it right off the counter and dropped it down quickly to the hard tile.

I looked at the camera and didn't see any external damage (I didn't think to take the lens cap off and look....) Phew.....I thought.

Then today. Just barely. I had to pry off the lens and have precious glass fall out everywhere. Very precious glass.

Sad Sad Sad Sad day.

Why do we buy nice things when we have kids?


ok.....breaking news......fast forward 30 minutes from starting this post.......


I just got off the phone crying to Ike and while talking with him I realized I had put a UV Filter on top of my lens when I got it for Christmas.........and that is what shattered! With some effort I was able to twist it off, and the lens isn't broken after all....I am just hoping it isn't scratched up!!

HALLELUJAH!


I will update you later, I don't dare play with it myself, I am taking it to the camera doctor before I mess with it anymore. Do they have camera doctors?

Max is still going to time-out for this....even if it is the next day. That kid, I tell ya.

What a wonderful start to my Monday. At least this had a somewhat happy ending, right?

10 comments:

The Hood's said...

Thank goodness for happy endings!

Melissa said...

Man, I'm so glad it looks like your camera will be okay. That makes you sick when things like this happen!

Brittany said...

Oh Jana...I am glad that post ended better than it started!!! I would cry too!!!

The Yospe's said...

That was the most riveting blog ever. There were so many twists and turns. I was relieved when I reached the end...Few! P.S. the picture of Cambria was perfect!

Kristin said...

Oh Jana I hope your camera is ok cause I want you to take my family pictures! Don't you just DIE though when your kids break expensive stuff??

Unknown said...

Oh, Jana, you had me so sad!! I'm so glad that it was the filter!! Cambria's picture turned out beautiful!

Becca said...

Oh, that is a phew!...a big phew!

Jon & Kim said...

I hope your camera is ok! I get baby hungry too untill I spend a day with Jake and then I am okay for like 5 more years. They are super cute though!!!

Leisa said...

Oh man! I almost had a heart attack. PHEW!

Michele said...

i was SO sick to my stomach when i first saw this post! ahh, my worst nightmare! looks like that uv filter they convinced me to buy with my lens was worth it after reading your story! i hope its ok. i always tell john i shouldn't be allowed to own things i cant afford to replace. im going to put my camera high up on a shelf now.