Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Bear Lake 2010


{The Layton Crew}

Summer 2010 + trip to Bear Lake = Fantastic. Refreshing. Lots of Laundry.

Really, it was so much fun, and I always love spending time with the family. This year the weather was just perfect and we spent lots of time at the beach.



Luke even learned how to ride his bike without training wheels....or I should say, Max's bike without training wheels. His cousin Zion learned how and Luke didn't want her to get all of the attention. So they rode in circles together.


Grandma gave all the kids a donut seed {shhhh...they were really cheerios} to plant into dirt {cookie crumbs} and over night they grew into....well, donuts!

Pretty dang cute.


The last day on the beach the "kids" fed the dad's chocolate pudding from behind them. Both were blindfolded which made it quite messy. It got worse and worse with each one as everyone got involved and got creative.

Pudding, smashed chips and soda pop make for one big hilarious mess. Did I mention it was messy? Yes it was.


Oh Clara... my sweet little camper baby.


And Max. He could've stayed on the beach for a week and not asked for a thing from us. He is my little beach dude.


So sad the trip is done, but as usual it is always nice to come home. Packing for a camping trip with 3 little kids is like packing to move.

Sad to see summer go. Happy for the memories.

6 comments:

melissa said...

Your kids are SO stinking cute!! I LOVE the second picture with Luke and his hands on his hips. That is too cute! What a confident little boy!

Charis said...

that looks like tons of fun. . . i am going to have to remember those ideas for next summer when we go camping and pineview

Unknown said...

We did have a great trip!!

Debi said...

That looks so fun! I love your family. Can we come next year? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm jelouse, we didn't make it to Bear Lake this year. It sure looks like you guys had fun. I love the donute seed idea, way cute.

Anonymous said...

- Sarah Penberthy