I just want to freeze time. My kids are getting too big too fast. It makes me sad, kinda. It is fun to watch them grow and learn...but seriously. Luke will be 5 and that is just too old. At times, some things might get old, especially when they do something all day long over and over again. Then one day they wake up and don't do it anymore and you sort of realize you miss it. I don't want to forget these little things that I know I will cherish, because at the rate life is going they will be all grown-up tomorrow.
Luke is always winking. I will look at him through the rear view mirror as I am driving and he will be back there on the back row of the van practicing his winking skills.
Anytime he sees a mountain, he will ask if we are by the mountains. I don't know why he cares so much about the mountains...but he just needs us to confirm that we are by or on the mountains! EVERYtime we drive he mentions them at least once or twice.
He can do an amazing handstand. I was shocked the other day when he was doing them in the family room and he stood there on his hands for like 5 seconds...which seemed like forever.
Bathtime is a tough one for me. It always seems like so much work so I put it off, but once we do it, it always is fun and I love it. I crank up my ipod and clean my babies. Max has to sit on the right, and Luke has to sit on the left. Max has to dump the water on his own head, and freaks out if any water gets in his eyes. I love Clara's naked squishy bum I get a glimpse of in the mirror as I am putting her in the tub. I love the way they look and smell after, all clean in their jammies. So yummy.

Max has 2 personalities...which I am sure most 2 year olds do. He has 10 tantrums a day, but when he is happy he is the sweetest little kid. He is talking so much and his latest thing is to say "say yea mama" after he says anything. He won't even give me time to say "yea". Like..."give me chicken, say yea mama".
He looks so cute when he folds his little arms and closes his eyes so tight during a prayer trying so hard not to peek. He won't say amen, he just opens his arms big and smiles.
He has caught on to Luke's flattering words and says that I am pretty and I love you all day long. What a wonderful thing to learn from a big brother, right?!
He has to always hold my hand when we go anywhere. Picture me trying to hold the diaper bag, Clara's big heavy carseat and having Max freak out because he wants to hold my hand right then and not wait for me to be ready.
I don't want to forget how Clara smiles with her mouth wide open.
I love finding her un-swaddled in her crib with her arms opened wide and up above her head.
How at her 4 month check-up she was in the 50th percentile for everything but her little head...which is in the 5th percentile. She still seems pretty bright though :)
How much fun and new it is buying and making girly things.
The other night we had some good times with some friends we never get to see. Jen taught us how to croquet this cute flower. Look how cute it is on her head Jen! I just love it.
I don't want to forget how to make it....so I keep on practicing.


I love being a mom. I know I spend way to much time playing on my laptop and talking on the phone when I should be reading books and playing hide and seek. But when I do spend time with them and care for them I am in heaven. They are precious and I am loving this phase of life and maybe that is why I want them to stay little and innocent forever.
Luke is always winking. I will look at him through the rear view mirror as I am driving and he will be back there on the back row of the van practicing his winking skills.
Anytime he sees a mountain, he will ask if we are by the mountains. I don't know why he cares so much about the mountains...but he just needs us to confirm that we are by or on the mountains! EVERYtime we drive he mentions them at least once or twice.
He can do an amazing handstand. I was shocked the other day when he was doing them in the family room and he stood there on his hands for like 5 seconds...which seemed like forever.
Bathtime is a tough one for me. It always seems like so much work so I put it off, but once we do it, it always is fun and I love it. I crank up my ipod and clean my babies. Max has to sit on the right, and Luke has to sit on the left. Max has to dump the water on his own head, and freaks out if any water gets in his eyes. I love Clara's naked squishy bum I get a glimpse of in the mirror as I am putting her in the tub. I love the way they look and smell after, all clean in their jammies. So yummy.
Max has 2 personalities...which I am sure most 2 year olds do. He has 10 tantrums a day, but when he is happy he is the sweetest little kid. He is talking so much and his latest thing is to say "say yea mama" after he says anything. He won't even give me time to say "yea". Like..."give me chicken, say yea mama".
He looks so cute when he folds his little arms and closes his eyes so tight during a prayer trying so hard not to peek. He won't say amen, he just opens his arms big and smiles.
He has caught on to Luke's flattering words and says that I am pretty and I love you all day long. What a wonderful thing to learn from a big brother, right?!
He has to always hold my hand when we go anywhere. Picture me trying to hold the diaper bag, Clara's big heavy carseat and having Max freak out because he wants to hold my hand right then and not wait for me to be ready.
I don't want to forget how Clara smiles with her mouth wide open.I love finding her un-swaddled in her crib with her arms opened wide and up above her head.
How at her 4 month check-up she was in the 50th percentile for everything but her little head...which is in the 5th percentile. She still seems pretty bright though :)
How much fun and new it is buying and making girly things.
The other night we had some good times with some friends we never get to see. Jen taught us how to croquet this cute flower. Look how cute it is on her head Jen! I just love it.
I don't want to forget how to make it....so I keep on practicing.


I love being a mom. I know I spend way to much time playing on my laptop and talking on the phone when I should be reading books and playing hide and seek. But when I do spend time with them and care for them I am in heaven. They are precious and I am loving this phase of life and maybe that is why I want them to stay little and innocent forever.

5 comments:
Great post! Your kids are so darn cute! :-) It feels like we've known you forever because we met before you were even pregnant with Luke and now he's about to turn 5! That's just crazy!
Cute, Jana, I love all your darling pictures. Luke's freckles and wrinkled nose, Max's squinty eyes and dirty hands, Clara's shiny blue eyes. And I love that you wrote "croquet" instead of "crochet". :) hehe. Croquet is fun too, with the balls and mallets! I'm excited for you to continue Jen's lesson for me on how to make those darn flowers.
They are growing up so fast...I love this post!!! I love that Luke winks...that is adorable!! And love ALL the pictures...and would love to learn how to make those flowers! So cute!!!
Best post ever! I'm glad you wrote down all these things! Suddenly I feel trapped at work and miss you guys terribly! I need to quit my job so I can be unemployed and stay home all day so I don't miss a thing!
Exclamation point!
You are the best mom ever!! I LOVED seeing you last week! Good job on the flowers. You are a pro now!
Post a Comment